Womanspace provides support to women who need identification such as a Birth Certificate, Alberta ID card or Drivers license by covering the cost of one identification per client. This can include identification for their children.

To replace your Alberta Health Care card it is free. Call 310-0000 and when prompted, dial 780-427-1432. They will mail you out a replacement card. 

In order to obtain a copy of your birth certificate you need to show picture ID. If you do not have ID you can bring someone that has valid photo ID that has personlly known you for 1 year or longer to vouch for you. Birth Certificates can only be ordered for individuals born in Alberta.

To obtain Alberta Picture Identification that has been expired for 6+ months, you need to show your birth certficate as well as a piece of mail showing your current Alberta address, dated within the last 90 days. If your photo identification has not expired you can provide 4 pieces of mail, or another government issued ID with a piece of mail.

If you are applying for the new Indian Status Card (passport/status card), there is NO COST for the card, but they do require that you have a birth certificate (photocopies NOT permitted), a photo ID (photocopies NOT permitted) and one other piece of government identification (such as an AB Health Care card or Social Insurance Card).

This program is funded by individual donations. Donate today!